This year’s Super Bowl will be held at Lucas Oil Stadium on Feb. 5 and after the NFC and AFC Championship games tomorrow the teams will be decided and fans can start buying Super Bowl tickets and reserve their flights and hotel rooms. 2012 Super Bowl ticket prices are currently running about $2,300 each on the low end and over $3000 for a 100 level seat on the secondary ticket market. The prices may fluctuate between now and Feb. 5 but one this is for sure, after tomorrows Championship games Super Bowl ticket sales will take off.
Only 500 pairs of tickets are released to the general public for face value through a lottery system but the odds are stacked against the fans. The NFL distributes about 25% of the Super Bowl tickets to corporate sponsors and the remaining 75% goes to the NFL teams. Each team in the Super Bowl will get about 18% of the available tickets each, with the host team receiving 5% and the remaining distributed to the other NFL teams.
Since the general public has almost zero chance of getting Super Bowl tickets at the face value of $600 – $1200 each the only other option is sports ticket brokers and if the Patriots and 49ers both make it to the Super Bowl, ticket prices may take off and go up. Football fans can find some of the cheapest Super Bowl ticket prices by comparing prices with PreferredSeat.com where you can find Super Bowl tickets priced with no hidden fees potentially saving the fans hundreds of dollars per ticket.